About The Course
This Practitioner examination measures whether a candidate would be able to apply PRINCE2 to the running and managing of a project within an environment supporting PRINCE2. To this end candidates need to exhibit the knowledge required for the Foundation qualification, and show that they can apply and tailor PRINCE2 appropriately to address the needs and problems of a specific project scenario. This course conforms to the syllabus for those delegates wishing to gain Registered PRINCE2 Practitioner level certification.
This is a two-day course leading to the PRINCE2 Practitioner Examination, which is scheduled to take place on the final day. In-house events may vary in duration according to client requirements.
In order to sit the PRINCE2 Practitioner examination you must provide proof of having passed one of the following:
- PRINCE2 Foundation
- Project Management Professional (PMP)®
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®
- IPMA Level A (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate)
Only current certifications will qualify as a pre-requisite
Individual IPMA chapters have local interpretations of these certificates, for example:
- In the United Kingdom the Association for Project Management (APM) is the IPMA chapter; visit www.apm.org. The APM Level D certification is their APM (P) certificate
- In the USA the American Society for the Advancement of Project Management is the IPMA chapter; visit http://www.ipma-usa.org/. The ASAPM Level D certificate is their Certified Project Management Associate.
To read the full AXELOS pre-requisite terms and conditions click here.
This course provides candidates with:
- TrainingHeight’s unique ‘Preparing for the PRINCE2 Practitioner examination’ workbook, providing sample practitioner examination papers and marking guidelines.
- A review of the entire method, consolidating understanding and addressing any areas of concern.a Individual scenario based exercises, designed to focus candidates on the application of the PRINCE2 method.
There is some pre-course reading and activities to complete which will be sent prior to the event. During the event there will be some examination preparation evening work to complete.
This level aims to measure whether a candidate would be able to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2 method. To this end they need to show they understand the principles and terminology of the method.
This course would benefit:
- Project Managers
- General Managers
- Programme Managers
- Team Managers and support staff
- Staff who will have a defined role
- Project Management Consultants
The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to confirm you have achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor PRINCE2 in a scenario situation.
- Objective testing
- 8 questions - 10 question items per question, each worth one mark
- 44 marks or more required to pass (out of 80 available) - 55%
- Two-and-a-half hours (150 minutes) duration, no additional reading time
- Open book exam (official PRINCE2 manual only).