SQL Server Training & Certification
SQL server training is meant for candidates who want to gain an edge over freshers. The training consists of necessary lab work and practices to help freshers turn into IT professionals. Trainingheights SQL Server Training & Certifications includes time devoted to hands-on lab practice sessions and DBA Internship classes. This is done to ensure that participants get practical exposure so that they can be prepared for the job.
It is a three-day instructor-led course is targeting IT aspirants interested to move into a database professional role or those whose job role is expanding to encompass database elements. The course describes fundamental database concepts including database types, database languages, and database designs.
Audience: The course targets participants interested into a database profile/role, or whose role has been widened to include database technologies.
- Describe key database concepts in the context of SQL Server 2016
- Describe database languages used in SQL Server 2016
- Describe data modelling techniques
- Describe normalization and denormalization techniques
- Describe relationship types and effects in database design
- Describe the effects of database design on performance
- Describe commonly used database objects
It is a comprehensive, three-day instructor-led course designed to provide and help students move from earlier releases of SQL Server with an introduction to the new features in SQL Server 2016.
Audience: The course is primarily meant for the existing database professionals with experience of SQL Server 2014 who want to update their skills to SQL Server 2016. Additionally, It can even benefit existing SQL Server 2014 MCSAs who want to prepare for the Upgrade exam for SQL Server 2016 certification.
- Key capabilities and components of SQL Server 2016
- New and enhanced features in SQL Server performance
- New and enhanced features in SQL Server security
- What’s new in SQL Server Availability and Scalability
- New and enhanced features in reporting and PowerBI in SQL Server 2016
- New and enhanced data access features
- New and enhanced features in SQL Server OLAP
- New SQL Server cloud functionality
The SQL 2016 Querying course 20761 aims to impart skills on writing queries for Transact-SQL language. This SQL 2016 Querying certification training is the basic foundation for SQL Server-related disciplines such as Database Administration, Business Intelligence and Database Development. The course teaches participants how to select, sort and filter data from multiple tables and how to use stored procedures and views.
Primary audience for this T-SQL training is database administrators, business intelligence professionals, database developers etc. This T-SQL certification course can also be attended by non-technical power users such as business analysts, report writers, and client application developers.
- Understand the fundamental concepts and underlying architecture of SQL Server 2016
- Discover the differences and similarities between Transact-SQL and other languages
- Write, sort, filter, and modify data using Transact-SQL
- Query multiple tables, use sub-queries and execute stored procedures
- Learn to use table expressions, window ranking, set operators, offset and aggregate functions
- Implement group sets, pivoting and error handling
Implementing SQL Data Warehouse (SSIS) training course imparts core skills on implementation of data warehouse platform for supporting a BI solution. Participants enrolled for this SQL Data Warehouse certification will learn to create data warehouse with SQL Server 2016 and Azure SQL Data Warehouse. The course also covers Implementation of ETL using Integration Services, validation and cleansing of data using Data Quality Services and Master Data Services.
Implementing SQL Data Warehouse course is ideal for database professionals, BI developers, and professionals who are responsible for creating BI solutions in an enterprise environment.
- Understand the components of a data warehousing solution
- Implement a logical and physical design to create a data warehouse
- Implement a physical design for a data warehouse
- Understand SSIS for implementing data flows
- Create dynamic packages using parameters and variables
- Implement Data Quality Services and Master Data Services
- Implement custom components for extending SSIS
- Implement Business Intelligence and its common scenarios in this SQL Data Warehouse certification training
Developing SQL Data Models course imparts core skills to implement multidimensional databases using SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services), and create tabular semantic data models for analysis. This SSAS training is meant for database professionals who create enterprise BI solutions in order to fulfil the role of a BI Developer. This SQL Data Model Development course is also suitable for power users, information workers and data analysts.
- Understand the architecture, components and features of BI solution
- Use analytics of SSAS to create a multidimensional database
- Deploy dimensions into a cube
- Deploy measures and measure groups into a cube
- Implement MDX syntax
- Perform customizations on a cube
- Create a tabular database
- Query tables using DAX
- Conduct predictive analysis using data mining
Analyzing Data with SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services course imparts training on implementing a Reporting Services solution on SQL Server 2016 for advanced data analysis in a business enterprise. This SSRS 2016 training covers the usage and deployment of Reporting development tools for report creation and management. It also encompasses implementation of BI solutions that can be self-serviced. The course will enable candidates to implement graphs, filters, parameters, sorting, grouping while creating high quality reports using report wizard. Candidates will also learn to create mobile reports and map reports quickly and easily.
With the help of this expertise, businesses benefit by gaining deeper insights into their operational data using advanced capabilities for business intelligence. This SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services course helps business users conduct advanced analytics directly in their database and generate rich reporting visualizations for useful business insights.
This SQL Server 2016 Reporting training is ideal for database professionals & power information users who are responsible for generating reports and fulfilling the role of a BI developer for their organization.
- Understand key capabilities and features of data modelling in business intelligence
- Implement and configure various report services data sources
- Utilize report designer for creating rich and informative reports
- Configure reports using report builder and report designer
- Learn how to generate mobile reports on SQL Server 2016
SQL Development training course imparts professionals with the skills and knowledge to design and develop an SQL Server 2016 database. 20762: Developing SQL 2016 Databases course puts emphasis on how SQL Server 2016 tools and features can be used to develop a robust database. This SQL Server 2016 certification encompasses design of logical tables, domain integrity, query plans, indexing, and data integrity. Candidates will learn to create database objects, functions, parameters, stored procedures, and views. Procedure coding such as triggers, indexes, SQL Server Spatial data, SQL CLR (Common Language Runtime) and binary large object (BLOB) data.
The SQL Server 2016 training is ideal for IT professionals or developers who wish to gain expertise on features and tools for developing a database platform of SQL Server 2016.
- Design and create tables and advanced table designs
- Implement Data Integrity using Constraints
- Apply indexing, using Columnstore and Optimized indexes
- Design and create views, functions, stored procedures, In-memory tables
- Apply triggers to respond to data manipulation
- Employ managed code in SQL Server
- Query and store XML Data, Blobs, and text documents
- Work with Spatial Data in this SQL development training
Analyzing Data with Power BI certification course imparts skills and knowledge to analyze, visualize and report data using Microsoft Power BI. Power BI is a suite of tools for Business Analytics that allows corporate users to analyze data and get insights that can help in making right business decisions. This Power BI training covers latest tools to monitor business growth and quickly get answers on any device through rich reporting features and dashboards.
Learn how to connect and import your data, author reports, publish reports, create dashboards, and share with business users so that they utilize the business intelligence gathered in dashboards through web as well as mobile devices.
This Power BI course is best suited for Business Intelligence professionals who are required to generate reports and analyze data using Microsoft Power BI.
- Understand primary features of a self-service Power BI solution
- Utilize Power BI and its data sources
- Combine, analyze, model, shape, and visualize data
- Report data using rich dashboards
Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure course imparts skills and knowledge to manage and maintain SQL Server databases while operating on a SQL database infrastructure. This SQL Server 2016 training is for individuals who are responsible for administering SQL databases or who develop applications that extract content from SQL server DB. SQL Database Infrastructure course will teach candidates various aspects of operating a SQL database, including authentication, ensuring integrity and security of data, managing permissions to access resources, importing and exporting data, backup and restore among others.
- Implement automation of database management tasks
- Authentication and authorization of users
- Assigning server roles and database roles
- Encryption and audit of data for ensuring secure access
- Import and export data
- Implement backup strategy and recovery model
- Backup and restore SQL Server databases
- Manage security of SQL Server
- Manage notifications and alerts
- Administer SQL Server using PowerShell
- Monitor and troubleshoot SQL Server infrastructure
This Microsoft SQL Server 2016 training on Performance Tuning and Optimizing SQL Databases (10987A course) imparts core knowledge and skills to database management and maintenance professionals to ensure performance tuning and optimization of their SQL database deployments. The SQL Server 2016 Performance & Tuning course is best suited for professionals who manage, maintain and administer SQL databases. Those who are responsible for writing queries and ensuring optimal performance of workloads are also the right audience for this SQL 2016 training.
- Understand the high level architecture of SQL Server 2016 and its different components.
- Understand and implement the execution model of SQL Server along with waits and queues.
- Understand and execute performance testing, SANs and core I/O concepts.
- Define best practices and architecture overview of data files for TempDB and user databases.
- Define best practices and architecture overview of Transactions, Isolation Levels, Concurrency, and Locking.
- Understand the architecture of Optimizer and learn to recognize and repair issues related to query plans.
- Define the best practices, architecture and troubleshooting scenarios related to Plan Cache.
- Define the best practices, usage scenarios and troubleshooting strategy for Extended Events.
- Devise a data collection strategy and define techniques for data analysis.
- Implement tools and techniques to recognize and diagnose bottlenecks, while improving overall performance.
The Provisioning SQL Databases training at Koenig aims to impart skills and knowledge to provision and manage a Microsoft SQL Server 2016 database. The SQL Server 2016 course covers provisioning on both Azure and on-premise. It will also familiarize participants with conducting new installations and migrations to the latest version from an existing older one.
This SQL Server 2016 training on Provisioning is ideal for professionals who manage, maintain and administer SQL Server databases in enterprise environments. This course is also suitable for professionals who are into application development where content is sourced from SQL Server databases.
- Understand the platform, components and architectural overview of SQL Server 2016
- Configure and install SQL Server
- Provision a Database Server
- Upgrade SQL Server services and migrate data and applications to the latest version
- Implement SQL Server Virtual Machines in Azure
- Deploy and migrate Azure SQL database
- Manage Database storage and files (shared)
- Maintain database integrity while performing maintenance tasks
MCSA SQL Server 2016 BI course from Koenig aims to equip BI developers with core knowledge and skills to implement business intelligence solutions for SQL Server 2016. Database professionals and Business Intelligence (BI) developers will learn to use SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), and utilize it to create tabular semantic data models for analysis.
Audience profile: This SQL Server BI training is ideal for database professionals who are responsible for fulfilling the role of a BI Developer for creating enterprise BI solutions. Power users, information workers and data analysts can also attend this course for better understanding of SSAS in SQL Server BI.
- Understand the underlying architecture, components, and properties of a BI solution
- Use SSAS analysis services for creating a multidimensional database
- Implement dimensions, measures and measure groups in a cube
- Create a tabular database
- Query a tabular model using DAX
- Customize a cube
- Implement MDX syntax
- Perform data mining for predictive analysis
SQL Server 2016 Development course from Koenig aims to provide participants with core knowledge on Transact-SQL. The Transact-SQL language is used by all SQL Server disciplines including Database Management, Business Intelligence and Database Development. This course covers managing of data using Transact-SQL, querying data using advanced components of Transact-SQL, and database programming using Transact-SQL.
Audience profile: This SQL Development training is meant for Database Developers, Database Administrators, and Business Intelligence personnel. SQL power users, business analysts report writers, and client application developers can also attend this course.
- Understand the underlying architecture and basic concepts of SQL Server 2016.
- Familiarize with Transact-SQL and discern its differences and similarities with other query languages.
- Write queries for multiple tables
- Sort, filter and modify data using Transact-SQL
- Understand different data types used in SQL Server
- Use built-in functions, table expressions, set operators and subqueries
- Group and aggregate data
- Implement window ranking, offset and aggregate functions
- Implement grouping sets and pivoting
- Execute stored procedures, transactions and error handling
- Programming with T-SQL
MCSA SQL Database Administrator 2016 certification course from Trainingheights aims to impart core knowledge and skills on administering and provisioning SQL Server 2016 database. Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate certification on SQL 2016 Database will equip participants with the requisite skill-set to manage and oversee database operations in an enterprise department.
Audience profile: Completing this MCSA SQL 2016 certification will enable entry level IT professionals to become SQL database administrators.
This MCSA certification can be acquired by passing two exams, for which Traningheights provides training on each of these modules:
- 20764: Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure (SQL Server 2016)
- 20765A: Provisioning SQL Databases