ITIL® Service Transition (ST)This ITIL Intermediate course covers the management-level concepts and core information of the supporting activities within Service Transition, but not specific details about each of the supporting processes. It will also provide a complete overview of Service Transition including all its related activities.
Service Transition ensures that the strategy requirements which service design used to design the new or changed service are effectively realized through to the delivery of live services in the service operation stage.
It uses the outputs from service design to ensure that service solutions are smoothly migrated to live operation, fulfilling agreed customer and business requirements.
Our course has been fully accredited by EXIN, who are licensed by AXELOS as an Examination Institute for IT Service Management.
ITIL® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited.
- This course will provide you with a good understanding of the Service Transition principles, its processes and other aspects of this crucial life-cycle stage.
- The ITIL Service Transition Certificate has become the IT industry's DE-facto intermediate professional qualification in the field of IT Service Management.
- This is an accredited, interactive e-Learning course for students who wish to become certified in ITIL Service Transition. As well as in-depth visual learning content, the online course contains audio and video narratives, quizzes and practice exams.
- Our course has been accredited by EXIN, who are licensed by AXELOS as an Examination Institute for the ITIL® Service Transition Certificate in IT Service Management.
ITIL® Service Transition (ST) - Course Syllabus
TrainingHeights course has been accredited by EXIN, who are licensed by AXELOS as an Examination Institute for the ITIL® Service Transition Certificate in IT Service Management.
The official mock exams are provided and the course includes a module on how to approach these, working through some examples.
In addition to the resources provided , the examination guidance recommends that candidates should complete at least 25 hours of personal study. You will also have the option to get help from the TrainingHeights tutors at any time!
ITIL® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited.
This module covers the core concepts of Service Transition in terms of its purpose, objectives, scope and its relationship to the other ITIL lifecycle stages.
The module covers:
- The purpose and objective of service transition
- The scope of service transition
- Service transition’s value to the business
The candidate must able to understand and describe the context of service transition in relation to the other 4 stages of the service lifecycle:
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Operation
- Continual Service Improvement
The learning objectives for this module cover the knowledge, interpretation and analysis of:
- Service transition principles, techniques and relationships
- Application to ensure new, modified or retired services meet the expectations of the business
- Service transition policies, principles and best practices
- How service transition performance can be optimized
- Typical metrics
- Inputs and outputs by lifecycle stage
The candidate must be able to understand, describe and apply the concept of:
- Service and role of utilities, warranties, capabilities and resources
- Key policies and best practice principles
The module covers the managerial and supervisory aspects of service transition processes. It excludes the day-to-day operation of each process.
More detailed process operation guidance is covered in the service capability courses.
Each process is considered from the management perspective. That means at the end of this module you should understand those aspects that would be required to understand each process and its interfaces, oversee its implementation and judge its effectiveness and efficiency.
The module will cover:
- Transition planning and support
- Change management
- Service asset and configuration management
- Release and deployment management
- Service validation and testing
- Change evaluation
- Knowledge management
This module introduces a high-level view of the communications and stakeholder management activities which support Service Transition.
- Managing communications
- Organizational change
- Stakeholder change
Candidates must be able to understand, describe, identify, demonstrate, apply, distinguish, produce, decide or analyze the subject areas of:
- Managing communications and commitment
- Managing organizational and stakeholder change
- Stakeholder management
- Managing communications and commitment through service transition
- Service transition’s role in organizational change
- Service transition’s approach to stakeholder management
This module explores roles, responsibilities and organizational structures that are appropriate within Service Transition.
- Organizational development and the role of technical and application management function in service transition
- Organizational context for transitioning of a service
- Service transition roles and responsibilities
- Organizational context of service transition
This module covers technology considerations for service transition. Technology’s role in service transition is explored, as well as how it should be “designed in”, and the mechanisms for maintaining and maximizing benefit from the technology.
This module enables understanding of the following:
- Technology requirements for service transition that support service transition as a whole and that support service transition’s integration into the whole lifecycle
- Knowledge management tools
- Collaboration and configuration management systems
This module covers the challenges of implementing and improving Service Transition by looking at Key activities in the introduction of service transition, developing an integrated approach to service transition processes and implementing service transition in a virtual or cloud environment.
The candidate must be able to understand and describe:
- Key activities in the introduction of service transition
- An integrated approach to service transition processes
- Implementing service transition in a virtual or cloud environment
The learning objective for this module is to understand the challenges, risks and critical success factors relating to service transition.
- Challenges facing service transition
- Critical success factors
- External factors that affect the approach to service transition